It’s weekend again and cooked something special for our evening snacks. It’s ‘Mathri’ ,a Wheat flour recipe & perfect combination for evening tea or coffee. Basically it’s a North Indian snacks.
Preparation time: 30 – 40 minutes
Cooking time: 15 – 20 minutes
Serving time: 5 minutes
Ingredients: wheatflour 200gm, Semolina/Rawa(grinded sooji) 100gm, gramflour (besan) 50gm, blackpepper powder 1/2 tbsp, kalonji seeds(nigella) 1 tbsp, ajwain(carom seeds) 1tbsp,cooking oil , salt according to your taste.
1. First we’ll take a big bowl for mixing all the ingredients together.
2. Now we’ll add wheat flour, semolina,gram flour, black pepper powder, salt,crush and add carom seeds & 4 tbsp cooking oil.
3. Mix all the ingredients together with your hand till well combined.
4. Now sprinkle lukewarm water slowly-slowly and knead to a stiff (tight) dough .
5. Grease your palm with cooking oil and rub it to your dough & cover it with a plate & set aside for 15 minutes. So,semolina will mix in the dough perfectly.
6. After 15 minutes gently knead the dough again for 2 minutes & take a small portion from it and shape it into a ball.
7. Now gently flatten the dough ball between your palms & pressed it’s centre a little with your finger and stick 5 to 10 kalonji seeds on it.
8. With the same process we’ll prepare our all Mathri from the dough.
9. Now hit sufficient oil in a frying pan. Drop in the prepared Mathri & keep the flame medium to low. First 3 minutes we won’t touch them & after 3 minutes will turn them with the help of a spoon. And fry it till then it becomes golden and crispy. After that we’ll remove it from the oil with the help of a strainer & keep it in the plate. With the same process we’ll fry our all Mathri.
10. Now our Mathri snacks are ready to eat. Serve it with a cup of tea or coffee. Give it to the kids with tomato ketchup.
11. We can store it for a month in the air tight jar once they have cooled to room temperature.
Enjoy your weekend evening with a cup of tea or coffee & lots of Mathri.
You can watch this recipe hindi language video from the given link: